Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Simple Words of a Living Witness

Rev. Henry C. Frascadore, Author
"Beyond the Weeping Willow Tree:
Mystery is a Gift Wrapped In Ordinary Papter"
Poetic wisdom  ... a simple prescription   
for a life of peace, love and eternal light.


Believe in me

By Rev. Fr. Henry C. Frascadore
when the crowd  finally caught up with Jesus in Capernaum
someone in the crowd asked
"what can we do to accomplish the works of God?"
Jesus answered simply
"the work of God is to believe in me
listen to what I say
imitate what I do
watch how I treat people
the poor and the wealthy
the sick and the well                                                                                           More about Fr. Henry

those on the inside
and those on the outside
those who are oppressed by the law
and those who impose the law
those who think they have all the answers
and those who know they haven't
those who consider themselves sinless
and those who know that they have sinned
if you want to do the work of God
believe in me
serve the needs of others
and serve them with the best you have within yourselves
and love them not because a commandment tells you to
but because you have learned from me that only
by loving others can you ever hope to  live fully
believe in me
and you will never hunger or thirst for
things that cannot satisfy
believe in me
and you will perform the work of God
unbeknown to yourself
Jesus Christ at Capernaum
for it is I living in you and through you
believe in me
and you have already
begun to live on God's time
and not on yours"




    "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."  
    - John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment